Parish Hall History
In 1831, a benefactor provided a school on the brow overlooking the Church. This was Mr Joseph Knight, a local boy who made a fortune in the South. The commemorative stones, now in the present school at Bournes Row, carry the following inscription: “Erected by Mr Joseph Knight of Chelsea, for the benefit of Brindle Congregation, as a token of respect for his native place. AD 1831.”
The present school was opened on October 23rd 1975 by the Right Reverend Joseph Gray, Auxiliary Bishop of Liverpool, following dedication by the Right Reverend Basil Hume, OSB, Abbot of Ampleforth.
Following the opening of the present school, the old school was converted into a Parish Hall.
The main hall, with stage and adjacent kitchen, is licensed for music and dancing for an audience of 150, with a smaller hall being available for meetings and other activities. The adjacent field is also available for outdoor pursuits, and the Scouts and Cubs have facilities for their activities including camping.